Title: Engineering Project Coordinator
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
The Engineering Project Coordinator position would be based in the Manufacturing Engineering area. The individual would support both Manufacturing Engineering initiatives along with the Machine Development Projects. This position would report to the Engineering Supervisor(s) and/or the Engineering Manager.
• Design work to support assigned project work in Machine Development and Manufacturing Engineering.
a.) Tool and/or machine component design.
b.) ProE/Creo/Product Center work that is necessary to support assigned tasks.
c.) Interaction with shop floor personnel, team leaders, supervisors, and managers to support the timely resolution of manufacturing issues as well as the implementation/delivery of new parts or equipment.
d.) Discussions with Vendors and Suppliers to assure the timely execution of tasks that are necessary to support the on time delivery of project work.
• JD Edwards database work as required (including but not limited to):
a.) Entering new tools into JD Edwards.
b.) Creating and maintaining Bills of Materials.
c.) Organizing and standardizing tool/component descriptions.
d.) Creating Documentation for various projects. Including procedures, work instructions, manuals for new or existing projects/products, wiring diagrams, Bills of Materials and other engineering documentation.
• Schedule and track engineering work orders. These work orders would be created for any of the following reasons:
a.) Dynamite Ideas that require engineering work.
b.) Special improvement projects that require more than 2 days or more than 1 engineer.
c.) Development jobs that do not have a formal quote or Purchase Order.
d.) Machine Development projects or activities.
e.) Special assignments as required by management.
• Quoting and ordering tools/components required for new development jobs, projects, and released Engineering Change Notices.
a.) This would include ascertaining the most expeditious path to acquire the tools or components that are required for new products/projects to support the delivering the project on time and within budgetary constraints.
b.) Track progress of the tooling/components to assure that significant progress is being made to support achieving the project delivery dates.
c.) Identify potential issues or risks to timely completion and implement proactive actions to mitigate the potential delay to completing the task or project on time.
d.) Investigate/coordinate tool testing to seek out new value added tool suppliers.
• Other duties as required.
• Visual acuity.
• Must be able to work in an air-conditioned/non air-conditioned environment.
• Ability to travel by air, as well as other conventional modes of transportation.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills.
Education / Qualifications:
• BS Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
• 0 to 2 years Engineering design and/or Manufacturing Engineering experience.
• Experienced using CAD software, preferably ProEngineering
• Proven project leadership ability and successful record of completing engineering assignments.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.