Title: Human Resource Generalist
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This is a human resource generalist position that is responsible for assisting in the implementation and administration of company policies and programs; assists and advises employees and managers concerning employment issues; recruits for exempt and hourly positions to meet the manpower needs of the company; Assists in the administration of the company’s wage and benefits programs; Works independently and display a high level of independent discretion in the administration of human resource initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take an active role in understanding the business and employee issues within their companies.
• Ensure that Human Resource policies and processes are consistently administered.
• Provide coaching and conflict resolution to managers and employees, and work with other members of the PennEngineering Human Resource team to make recommendations for improvements.
• Facilitate employee relations issues as needed.
• Develop a network of recruiting sources to help meet the manpower needs for the company. These sources should include local schools, training facilities, colleges and recruiting agencies.
• Write and place recruitment advertisements on electronic recruitment boards and other recruiting to source qualified candidates.
• Interview exempt and hourly candidates to determine the qualifications of the candidates and whether or not they meet the requirements established for the position they are being interviewed.
• Attend recruiting functions as needed.
• Record and manage employee information such as, but not limited to, personal data, compensation, benefits, attendance, performance evaluations and termination information.
• Process unemployment claims and assist in appeals when needed.
• Clearly present information and prepare reports for management.
• Assist in development and administration of company policies and procedures.
• Assist in the development and implementation of training initiatives.
• Deliver a high level of service to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Assist in the administration of the Company’s performance management system.
• Assist in the administration of the Company’s wage and benefit programs.
• Write job descriptions to accurately describe each of the positions at of the company’s locations.
• Perform a wide variety of tasks; the ability to change focus quickly as demands change is essential.
• Attend trainings and seminars to stay current on Human Resources laws, legislation, and trends.
• Conduct investigations in employee and customer situations, including but not limited to, harassment, discrimination, and violation of company policies
• Assess situations and make optimal and speedy decisions.
• Display honest, trustworthy and ethical behavior when dealing with internal and external customers.
• Display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment.
• Regular attendance that is punctual and dependable is required.
• Performs project work and other duties as assigned.
• Assist in other HR related duties as assigned by the Human Resource Director.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related business degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
• Three to five years progressive Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment required.
• PHR/SPHR highly desirable, but not required.
• Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal employment law and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, collaborate, and lead.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Experience working with HRIS systems, preferably ADP HRIS system.
• Must handle confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
• Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
• Must be able to travel to other locations in the Detroit metropolitan area.
• Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
• Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
• Must be able to work in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.