Title: Insert Product Manager
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
This position is responsible for planning, developing and directing the marketing efforts for the Standard Insert brand or product category and lead/guide a cross functional team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit (or a category) by being in the market, knowing the product opportunities, interacting with the customer and becoming the focal point for the assigned product category. In addition, he/she will drive assigned product line strategy, tactics, pricing, profitability, new product development and manufacturing plan and execute the global product plan through existing functions already in the business. Significant experience in metal components sold into the injection molding and industrial markets at the fabrication level.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Manage assigned product line profitability from cradle to grave, for existing and new opportunities.
• Manage the product life cycle (PLC) from strategic planning to tactical activities.
• Specifying market requirements for current and future products by bridging the gap between Sales, Operations, Engineering and Marketing.
• Serve as the internal and external product champion for the product offering, regularly working with the sales channel, key customers and other company functions as appropriate.
• Conduct market research supported by customers and non-customers.
• Developing and implementing a company wide go to market plan working with all departments to execute.
• Analyzing potential acquisition candidates and partner relationships for the product.
• Manage on going ROI of mature products to ensure profitability.
• Guide the development of new products by building from existing ideas, ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects.
• Develop competitor company profiles and product line database.
• Cross matrix communications with sales, finance, marketing and engineering to help them understand the product positioning, key benefits and target customer.
• Direct evaluation of all competitive products.
• Develop product roadmap for his/her category or product portfolio.
• Maintain awareness of and compliance with company policy and safety standards in performance of all job duties.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or Business, MBA is beneficial.
• 4+ years of experience leading a cross functional business team.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Travel 50% +
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.