Title: Quality Technician
Location: Galway, Ireland
Job Type: Full Time / Evening Shift
Relocation Allowance: No
PennEngineering® is a leader in the design and manufacture of specialty self-clinch fasteners and are committed to providing quality, value added products and services. This fulltime position within our Quality Team requires the Quality Technician to conduct in-process testing and monitor quality control in the Screw Machine /Cold Forming/ Cold Heading areas, reporting to the Quality Manager & Production Managers. This is an evening shift position working 4 evenings per week. (39 hours)
• Process Auditing & ensuring process controls are in place and effective
• In-process measurement & testing of Screw Machine/Cold Forming/Cold Heading processes
• Communication to operators/ supervisors/engineering on quality issues
• Assist with, and lead, the resolution of quality issues in the production areas
• Assist with, and lead, quality improvement projects with the support of the Building 6 team
• Ensure compliance with IATF-16949 requirements
• Issuing of certification documentation to customers when required
• Manage the issuing and completion of yellow cards (NCM).
• Provide guidance on quality procedures to operators and supervisors
• Assist all departments with additional testing when required
• Product inspection / evaluation
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• Experience in a similar manufacturing or quality environment would be a strong advantage.
• Certificate or Diploma in an Engineering or Quality discipline, or the willingness to work towards this certification, would be an advantage.
• Good mathematical and communication skills are necessary.
• Computer skills are required, particularly the ability to use spreadsheets and databases.
• Ability to work on projects with personnel at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to learn and communicate new methodologies.
• Ability to use standard mechanical inspection instruments
• A high level of flexibility is required
• Candidates must be enthusiastic and able to take the initiative
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.