Title: Senior CNC Technician – 2nd Shift
Location: Danboro, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Perform CNC production cell functions with minimal supervision to meet corporate
product and process development needs and objectives. This position includes the
Programming, Set up and Operation of Small Lot CNC Production Cell equipment,
primarily Swiss Type Automatic CNC Lathes. Superior production quality is
required and operator verification via dimensional and visual inspection to be performed. Good verbal and written communication with other departments including Engineering, PIC and Quality and other team members is required.
• Program, set up and operate CNC production cell equipment with minimal supervision; multi-axis Swiss Type automatic lathes with sliding head stock and related automated tube and magazine bar feeders to produce superior quality product.
• Inspect product to ensure conformance using optical comparator, dial calipers, micrometers, thread gages, plug gages, etc.
• Standard and macro programming of Citizen and Starr Swiss Style, sliding headstock machines using Fanuc Controls, Mitsubishi Controls, Partmaker and other software.
• Safely operate equipment including standard lathes, mills, grinders and saws
• Read, understand and follow drawings, work instructions and procedures including identification and segregation of non-conforming items.
• Request and obtain tooling including using VMI system
• Works well with Engineering, Planning and other departments to meet customer expectations
• Handles all material and part movement into, through and out of the cell.
• Participates in team meetings and works well with team members. Actively participates in continuous improvement activities including making suggestions to assist team in meeting goals related to quality, cost and delivery.
• Observes all safety regulations in the performance of all duties.
• Submits purchase requisitions for supplies
• Read and understand written work instructions.
• Uses computer to access production work load schedule and runs production in a priority order.
• Uses computer to access prints, procedures and work instructions
• Communicates with various departments including email
• Completes router and Non-Conformance Report, as needed.
• Logs on and off Time and Attendance system properly.
• Keeps work area organized and clean at all times.
• Performs and assists in preventative maintenance activities
• Performs all assigned job duties with minimal supervision in their entirety with heavy emphasis on quality, accuracy, efficiency and timeliness.
• Employs cooperation, open-mindedness and creativity to handle challenging work assignments.
• Provides support to other areas including training as needed.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Manual dexterity, mobility and visual acuity sufficient for operating cell.
• Must be able to work in an unair-conditioned and air-conditioned environment.
• Must be able to stand and walk for 8 hours or more per shift.
• Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
Education / Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent with good skills in mathematics, trigonometry along with good written and verbal communication.
• Minimum of 5 years programming, set-up and operating Swiss Type CNC equipment.
• Good computer skills to utilize spreadsheets, email, many software programs
• Able to work well with people in a team environment.
• Read and understand procedures and work instructions.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.
New PEM® SMTSK™ Standoffs for Printed Circuit Boards Enable Quick Attachment and Removal of Stacked Components without Using Screws - February 26, 2019
Designfax, February 2019 “Engineer’s Toolbox: Self-Clinching Fasteners Design Tips - February 14, 2019
More News | Tradeshows
Issues | Sign Up