Title: Senior Cost Accountant
Location: Waterford, Michigan
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Sr. Cost Accountant will be responsible for assisting in computing and analyzing standard product costs and variances as directed. They will help prepare financial cost accounting statements, reports and budgets. The Sr. Cost Accountant will have excellent analytical ability while having a thorough understanding of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
Essential Functions Included But Not Limited To:
• New product standard cost update – review and approve accuracy of product structure and routing file before updating base, current and going-to cost.
• Review daily Engineering Changes – review and evaluate cost implications of engineering changes to routing and/or product structure.
• Review, analyze and report variances- daily, weekly and monthly review of purchase price, material usage, outside operation, labor price, labor usage and factory overhead efficiency variance.
• Performs weekly and monthly financial closing activities, including: entering Std JEs; creating and rolling up all the required financial schedules (P&L, BS, Metrics), provides analysis and reporting as required.
• Review, Analyze and Report Scrap.
• Monitor work orders – insure completed work orders are being closed and investigate work orders without activity.
• Prepare monthly contribution margin report.
• Manages the daily cycle counting of inventory and provide monthly management reports.
• Assist with annual budgeted labor and overhead calculation.
• Assist in the preparation and execution of the year-end cost roll.
• Assists the Controller with the annual audit requirements.
• Requires minimum 5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Possess a good understanding of financial processes, policies, procedures and business applications in accordance with GAAP.
• Extensive PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Manufacturing software applications experience (MRP, JDE).
• Standard Cost Accounting System experience.
• General understanding of IT business practices, procedures, applications and systems.
Education / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Finance.
• Possess strong conceptual and analytical skills related to cost accounting and manufacturing processes.
• Ability to organize, plan, and perform multiple projects and meet deadlines with excellent quality and service.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills, as well as good judgment and sound reasoning in developing solutions to Cost Accounting problems, deviations and situations that arise from manufacturing operations and activities.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent communicator including facilitation, verbal, and written skills.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.
New PEM® SMTSK™ Standoffs for Printed Circuit Boards Enable Quick Attachment and Removal of Stacked Components without Using Screws - February 26, 2019
Designfax, February 2019 “Engineer’s Toolbox: Self-Clinching Fasteners Design Tips - February 14, 2019
More News | Tradeshows
Issues | Sign Up