Title: Tool Design Engineer
Location: Westland, Michigan
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Allowance: No
LinkTool Group™ is a premier designer and manufacturer of high-quality steel and carbide tooling for the aerospace, cold forming, food and beverage canning industries, has an opportunity for an experienced Inside Sales Manager for our Westland, MI facility.
This position is responsible and accountable for all tooling design and supporting the manufacturing of customer product. Responsibility and accountability includes, but is not limited to, meeting customer requirements and providing support for other elements of the Company to be able to effectively carry out their duties. This also includes:
• working in a team environment to ensure that all customer tooling designs are completed from quotation to delivery in a manner that meets or exceeds the customer’s requirements. Engineering deliverables include the creation of product design, routers, BOM’s, tooling design, and process specifications.
• support the Link Tool quoting activities. This includes working with the customers to satisfy their application needs. Ensure that all quotes are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
• providing technical support for customer inquiries by coordinating testing, writing reports, and visiting customers as required.
• providing technical support for internal customers (i.e. manufacturing, quality, sales) by evaluating problems, making recommendation for improvement, and implementing corrective action.
• Provide quality inspections of customer products by using contour tracers, CMM equipment and other quality inspection measuring devices. Desired but not mandatory we will train if necessary.
• acting as a project leader for customer product development projects and/or productivity improvement projects by leading a project team through scheduled development activities.
• identifying and acting on areas for continuous improvement or implementation of new products or processes.
This position shall be an integral part in providing customers with quality product within the required time. This person will participate in team activities and work to meet the goals of the Link Tool team with the needs of the customer in mind. Frequent coordination and cooperation with other departments, including Manufacturing, Quality, PIC, Purchasing, Sales, and Accounting is required to meet these goals.
This person shall represent the company in meetings with customers as required. This person shall perform other duties as assigned.
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology. (Or equivalent work experience).
• Minimum of three years engineering design and / or Manufacturing Engineering experience.
• Experienced CAD software.
• 3D Modeling Desired but not mandatory we will train if necessary.
• Proven project leadership ability and successful record of completing engineering assignments.
• Must posses a strong working knowledge of the various techniques and materials used in manufacturing of tooling used in the mechanical fasteners or similar industries..
• Visual acuity.
• Must be able to work in an air-conditioned/non air-conditioned environment.
• Ability to travel by air, as well as other conventional modes of transportation.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills.
PennEngineering offers a competitive salary based on experience, an air-conditioned work environment, over time hours, benefits package including health insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position. EOE M/F.