Statement of Shelf Life For Solderability
Products finished with electro-plated bright tin (ET) or electro-plated matte tin (DT) will experience some loss of solderability over time. The optimal shelf life of any given lot of product varies with the characteristics of the tin plating and the storage environment. With this understanding, the following minimum shelf life times should be used for inventory management:
- PEM® Type SMTRA product optimal shelf life is 12 months from the date of original packaging.
- Solderable optimal shelf life of all other ET and DT plated PEM products is 18 months from the date of the original packaging.
In order to maximize the solderable shelf life of these products, PennEngineering® recommends the following:
- Product should remain in original packaging (with desiccant) or equivalent repackaging supplied by an authorized distributor.
- Storage temperature should be maintained between 5 and 40 °C (41 to 104 °F)
- Relative humidity should not exceed 80%
For further information, please contact email@example.com